The Town of Bruderheim was one of six municipalities to win this year’s Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence.
The awards were handed out near the end of September and recognize municipal initiatives that improve the lives of residents. Bruderheim received the smaller municipalities award, for their business incubator and Women Rising networking group.
“The recipients of this year’s awards have set an example for what inspiration, hard work and collaboration can achieve. I am proud to recognize the successful efforts of these Alberta municipalities, which have found innovative solutions to the challenges facing their communities,” said Kaycee Madu, Minister of Municipal Affairs.
The Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence have been given out for 18 years now and this year 33 applications were submitted. Winners are selected by an awards committee made up of representatives from municipal associations.
2019 winners include:
- Innovation Award – Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Safe Communities Award – Town of Claresholm
- Partnership Award – County of Warner
- Larger Municipalities Award – City of Calgary
- Smaller Municipalities Award – Town of Bruderheim
- Outstanding Achievement Award – County of Barrhead